So…… I know that tea is good for you. I hear this all the time, and not just from my friends at JoysTeaspoon.com! However, I live in sunny San Diego and the thought of a hot drink is not always what comes to mind while watching the sunset on the Pacific with palm trees waving in the breeze. So I set out to discover ways that I could enjoy tea, without, you know….drinking it.
I love to bake and I love sweets, so naturally, I tried to incorporate this healthy tea into something sinfully delicious. Here are some things that I have liked, feel free to try them out yourself!
Magic Moon with Berries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 2 cups iced Magic Moon
Place the blueberries, strawberries, and Magic Moon in a blender. Whip uo a cold, non-dairy treat and pour into a tall glass!
Earl Grey Creme Ice Cream makes about 1 quart
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups half and half (can use heavy cream for a richer ice cream)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5-6 teaspoons of Earl Grey Creme in a steeping bag
- 5 egg yolks
- Warm the milk, half and half, and sugar in a saucepan. Remove from heat, place Earl Grey Creme steeping bag in the pan, cover and steep for an hour. Remove tea.
- Reheat tea-infused milk. Whisk egg yolks together in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the bowl with egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Return the milk and egg mixture to the saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan constantly until the mixture thickens to a custard and coats the spatula.
- Cool the mixture and freeze in your ice cream maker.