by ErinMarie Need a sweet fix? Want to mix it up and add tea? Looking for simple methods to combine the two.
Sweet Sin A La Mode (2 ways) (Or as I like to call it "Oh, sweet glass of yumminess")
- 2 cups double strength Sweet Sin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Version 1: Combine double strength Sweet Sin and ice cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass. Say "yum".
English Breakfast Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup brewed English Breakfast black tea, cold
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9” Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and blend until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the English Breakfast. Mix the flour, baking powder, bread crumbs, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts; fold into the tea mixture until just blended.
- In a large, clean bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the English Breakfast batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for at least 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best when eaten for your actual breakfast! Oh, and the flower pot in the middle of the cake is optional! Yes, eventually I will try to make something non-dessert oriented! One day...down the road...now that I think about it...