- I cold brew my tea! That's right...I don't even turn on the stove. It's so simple too. I am the least picky tea drinker on the planet, so I say grab a tea that sounds good cold and give it a whirl. For example, 3 tablespoons of Pina Colada for a 2 quart pitcher. Place tea in a pitcher filled with filtered water and let it sit overnight. I remove the steeped tea the next morning. As for the steeping tools, I use Tea Filters but you can use whatever is easiest for you!
- If you are pressed for time and need the tea right away: Bring water to desired temperature. Add 3 tablespoons of tea to a 2 quart pitcher. Pour hot water over tea and steep for recommended steep time (only fill pitcher 1/3 - 1/2 full). Once you have removed the tea, fill in the remainder of the pitcher with ice cubes and place in refrigerator.
- After you've made a pitcher, you can take some of that tea and freeze it. Then, use those "tea cubes" to keep your tea chilled without worrying about dilution. Or, you can use something like these little reusable ice cubes.
- As the host extraordinaire of a most fantastic baby shower, I want to share this entertaining idea. You can always freeze your fruit, like blueberries, in the middle of your ice cubes. Then, when serving a tea like Schnozberry, you can use your blueberry ice cubes to keep it cold. This works with raspberries, strawberry slices, pineapple and peach chunks, herbs, etc. It's a cool addition to the tea...literally.
- You feeling like the mad scientist in this hot weather? Why not try mixing a few different tea blends? I am constantly taking blends that I think will go well together and mixing them up. For example, one of my favorites is to mix Sweet Sin (rooibos with vanilla and raspberry) with Japanese Cherry (green tea with sour cherries). It's amazing how complimentary different tea blends can be to one another. And...you can turn it into a drinking game. Have your friends and family guess what you've mixed. Crazy times!
[caption id="attachment_635" align="alignleft" width="188" caption="Keeping it cool! "][/caption] Keeping it Cool this Summer! by JT Herself June, for hot weather lovers, can be the most beloved sight on a calendar! I know I was super excited about winter making it's long anticipated departure...and Vegas isn't exactly the coldest place on earth. As if I needed one more reason to enjoy June, it is National Iced Tea Month! Simply icing on the proverbial...cupcake. With temps in the 90's and soaring, I consider myself an Iced Tea aficianado. So, here are a few of my secrets for delicious iced tea: