Simple Chai Latte Recipe
by Naomi Rosen
I am always looking for a new way to enjoy my favorite teas. Not that I could ever get tired of them, I just love to explore new options. Latte's are hardly a new thing but I have never really been a huge latte drinker. That said, I have been asked via Facebook and email, by 4 different people, for latte recipes this week. What the masses want....the masses get. Below is a simple Chai Latte recipe that I like to use. Because everyone's tastebuds are different, you can tweak and change this recipe as needed. I doubt your tastebuds would tell me!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk w/ vanilla but you can use whatever tickles your fancy)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 whole clove
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 cup sugar (Stevia, splenda, agave, honey will all work just fine and this will likely need to be adjusted to fit your individual taste.)
- 2 tsps. black tea
***Optional 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, cardamom, all spice, black peppercorns, ginger
- Combine milk, water, cinnamon, clove and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to just under a boil.
- Add sweetener and mix well until it is incorporated. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the tea to the liquid mixture and allow to steep for 5 minutes. (You can place the tea in a bag if it is loose, but I just put mine right into the pan and strained it when I poured it into my cup.)
- Voila! Pour latte into cup and grab a book!