by Naomi Rosen
It seems like I always start the year with the best of blogging intentions, and then October hits and it's all downhill from there. One would think I might try to work in advance, but that's just crazy talk! So, standing with tradition, I will strongly start this year blogging! Over the last few weeks, in an attempt to break a lame habit, I've been trying to do some brainstorming and planning for the year and have found that I have so many other topics that I enjoy writing about and never put to "keyboard". Executive decision time...I will start blogging about all sorts of topics, both tea and non-tea related! Topic #1... Why I Would Make An Excellent Chicken Farmer...
- I've seen Chicken Run like 20 times. I know to separate the chickens with glasses from the rest of the gaggle (I should probably look up what a group of chickens is called). I won't leave the parts for an airplane laying around either. Lastly, I have mean British accent.
- I like rubber boots.
- There are no chicken farms here in Las Vegas. Well, at least none that I know of yet. If there are, pass on the info! There are hobbyists, and a few that do it for the eggs, but none that sell pasture raised chicken meat.
- I think they are super cute. Especially the ones with the super furry feet and feathers that look like hats! (See Silkie pic above.)
- We have a ton of bugs in our backyard because my family and I are attempting to become Master Desert Gardeners. I think the chickens would think it was a like Strip buffet out there!
- I'm really good with pets. We have a dog and a Beta. How much more work could chickens be?