by Naomi Rosen
I've been blogging for about 5 years now. Specifically, as the voice of Joy's Teaspoon; a small, family-run tea company based in Las Vegas. I am always looking for motivation and information about blogging and I decided to start a Blogging 101 series by The Daily Post that began on February 1st. Homework assignment #1: write and publish a “who I am and why I’m here” post. So, I went looking through my blog archives. Certainly, after posting for 5 years, I had something that fell into that category. After reviewing every blog post I've ever written, I realized I hadn't even come close. So here you go, my homework assignment from Day 1, 2 days late.
- My name is Naomi Rosen and I am the owner of Joy's Teaspoon; an on-line tea retailer.
- I am an avid tea drinker and enthusiast who takes down 3-4 cups of tea a day.
- I am a self-educated tea educator. I have spoken at the college level, as a presenter at World Tea EXPO, as a presenter at the Las Vegas Tea Fest, and as an instructor with the Las Vegas Tea Series. I've done special presentations for church groups, retirement homes, and even a veterinarian's conference.
- I have a passion for social justice within the tea industry and have been moving my company for a couple of years now towards a fair and just model of sustainability.
- This blog is a tool with which I teach, question, and start conversations. Mostly about tea. Occasionally about the Spice Girls, Justin Timberlake, and Lady Gaga.