About the tea...
Amba's lemongrass was:
- plucked in the early morning, by hand,
- sorted, by hand,
- was dried via both sunlight and small dryer until the perfect moisture level was reached,
- and produced a small batch resulting in 64 kg of tea (approx. 141 pounds).
**When steeped, the liquor color will be a golden hue. Liquor flavors include lemondrops and a hint of honey.
About Amba Estate:
- Amba is a small, organic farm located in the hills about 1000m above Ravanna Ella Waterfalls (Uva District).
- The estate grows tea, coffee, spices, herbs, fruits, and vegetables.
- Amba is one of the only tea estates in Sri Lanka making small scale, artisanal tea.
- Amba cross trains their employees (very rare) to enable fulfillment of multiple roles.
- Amba offers a profit sharing program with their employees with 1% going into a charity fund, and the other 9% being split amongst the workers. This is almost unheard of in this part of the world!
- For more information on Amba Estate, please visit "The Woman With The Tea Garden" or check out this video on Youtube.
Origin: Sri Lanka
Serving Amount: 1 tsp./8 oz. serving
Temperature: 203-212 degrees
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 1 oz. of tea will provide 12-15 single cup servings
Sourcing: Direct from Grower
Harvest Date: August/September 2013